Managing Your Mind ® was developed based on years of behavioral research in learning and performance. Although customized for specific work, school, or family life situations, it incorporates several key steps to help you reach the Performance Breakthrough Zone.
- Step 1: Where am I now?
- You discover your current strengths, style, and vulnerabilities. This may include interview, paper and pencil survey, and interpretation of test results or psychological reports.
- Step 2: Where do I want to go?
- You move your dreams to reality-based goals, priorities, schedules, and plans.
- Step 3: What should I do?
- You master immediately applicable strategies and take step-by-step actions specifically suited to your personal goals, strengths, style, and interests.
- Step 4: What are possible pitfalls?
- You visualize upcoming situations and pinpoint potential hazards and warning signs.
- Step 5: How can I keep track?
- You help develop checklists and job aids to monitor and continuously improve your performance and productivity.
This unique approach is particularly effective in corporate situations and for
special populations when circumstances are confusing, the problems complex, and the
setting highly charged with the potential for failure.